Sunday, October 11, 2009

Stornoway: 1st Cone Waning

Here's what I meant at the end of my previous post, when I spoke of being *almost* done with the 1st cone of yarn on Stornoway. I thought it might be fun to get a picture at this stage, not of the knitting but of the cone itself. See the cardboard starting to peek through in places?

The prospect of that empty cone is tantalizing to be sure. For one thing, given that the pattern called for 2 cones and a bit, I figure I'll be very near the half-way point when I run out of yarn the first time. But I've been frustrated in recent days by how slowly I appear to be making progress.

I knit and knit, and although I know I'm getting close, it's as though the goal keeps inching forward too, eluding my grasp. I've done so much small-gauge knitting in recent years that it seems totally normal. So much so, in fact, that I think I tend to lose sight of the implications of knitting a man's sweater on US size 1 (2.5 mm) needles.

No wonder every centimeter seems to take FOREVER!!

Ah well, back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment