Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Back to Stornoway

It has been a while since the last time I had any news about Stornoway, but the Great Guernsey Adventure was never meant to be anything except a long-term project. So I have been working away at it quietly but steadily in the background, and today I am proud to report that the back yoke is finally done. *Yipee*!!

When I did the modifications for the front neckline, I kept very careful written notes, and those calculations came very much in handy for ensuring that the back would match. By following the slightly altered instructions, it was easy to do exactly the same number of rows above the armhole for both the front and the back and to end up with the same number of stitches on hold for the shoulders and neckline. Everything lines up beautifully.

Here is the obligatory pair of photos. As always, click on either one of them (or the closeup above) to see a larger view.

Since a big part of the appeal for me in this traditional guernsey design is its authenticity, down to the tiniest details, I am really looking forward to the process of knitting the shoulder-straps and beginning the sleeves. There should be an opportunity for some marvelous WIP photos along the way. So the Great Guernsey Adventure continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment